Saturday, July 2, 2011

Father's Day Sunday June 19, 2011

Today I went to the cemetary and cleaned and polished and buffed Mom, Dad, and brother, Bob's grave head stones.  They shined like a well polished shoe.  The grave stone next to Dad was neglected and grass covered almost all of the head stone....so I said, this poor woman who was a wife and mother was seemingly forgotten and so I pulled away all the grass and cleaned and polished and buffed her grave head stone too.  Her name was Celia.  I put fresh flowers on Mom's grave too.  When July comes around,  I will get a small flag and put it on Bob's grave and put nice flowers there too.

I told Bob...Your daughters are doing great and you were a great Dad.  Happy Father's day Bob.  I told Dad...I am who I am today because of all the lessons you taught me in my life.  Your actions spoke louder than words...you worked hard every day to provide for me and you gave me encouragement and support when I needed it.  Never was I more proud of you when you became a deacon and wore those special vestments giving your all to doing the Lord's work.  I am proud to carry the Brady name...I may never fill your shoes..but I am doing my best to serve God by helping others in little ways and in big ways.  You paved the path by delivering Turkey dinners to those who were going thru hard times and didn't have money to put food on the table.  I remember the time when you and I together would give tootsie rolls to people that put money in our jars for the mentally challenged youngsters.  You helped so many people.  You were a special driver tr o those unable to get to their doctor appointments, those who needed to get groceries...I use my car also to help others.  Happy Father's Day Dad!!

When mom was alive and we visited Dad and Bob's grave...she also bent down to take care of a headstone that was not in our family and it would be badly neglected..she would pull away the grass so you can see the name on the marker and if there were flowers that were long dead she would take them and throw them out.  So now I am doing what she did.

We all need to make a difference in this world...To leave a legacy of kindness, to help others in their time of need.

Marianne Brady

No comments:

Post a Comment